Various reasons have been cited, including:
- My agent is locally based but all of their property maintenance is dealt with considerably out of the area.
- Despite paying for a management service, I’ve realised that my agent does not complete regular management visits.
- My agent has served notice on my tenant without my knowledge because the tenant wouldn’t sign a 12 months’ notice. No discussion was had with me about this and I feel I’ve lost a good tenant.
- My tenant has contacted me to report maintenance issues which they tell me they have advised my agent of over two months ago and have not had a response.
- My original agent has been sold to a new company and I feel like the service has gone downhill and the people I talk to are not familiar with me or my property.
- My tenant has moved out of the property and left it in bad condition. My agent seems unwilling to take this complaint forward to the tenant and seems to be unhelpful.
- I have been letting my property with my current agent for four years and not had any suggested price review. I have now learned that the property is currently letting for around £300 per month less than it should be and I’m disappointed that my property is not achieving the rent amount it should.
These comments above are the types of feedback that we as a management team have had in the past three months and we are now very pleased to offer clients a free switching service from your existing agent to us as your new agent. When changing agents, we entirely recognise there is a lot to consider. If you are unhappy with your agent, we can make this easy for you.
Firstly, you must check your contractual obligations to your existing agent which will most likely involve an exit fee. We are providing clients with three months free management to help cover these costs. If you decide to move from your agent to us, the following schedule would be introduced:
- We will complete a handover meeting with your current tenant and complete a management inspection to make sure that any maintenance issues are clearly identified.
- We will transfer your tenants deposit from your existing agent to our own prescribed scheme and will communicate with the tenant in this regard.
- We will complete a due diligence check on all of the paperwork required which includes - assured short hold tenancy, deposit, inventory, schedule management visits required, proof of identity, proof of right to rent cheques, EPC, gas safety certificate, electrical certification. We will also ensure that your assured short hold tenancy is up-to-date and give commentary to the up-to-date rental value.
- We will communicate with your existing agent and provide them with a written letter of authority from you.
- We will collect your property file and all of the salient information relating to your rental property.
- The first three months will not incur management fees.
- We provide a no obligation property valuation service in partnership with our residential sales department.
We respect that many landlords will have fostered working relationships with their agents over many years and that changing agent is a difficult decision. However, if you have become dissatisfied with the service that your agent provides for any reason, please do get in touch and would be very pleased to discuss our service levels with you.